CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 26, 2011

2011 - Moon Over Manifest

Dates read: May/Jun 2011
Read or listened to: Read
Pages: 231 pp.
Rating: ●●

Moon Over Manifest
is a great book. I love the way it comes together at the end. It reminds me a bit of last year's Newbery that also had many details that resolved themselves seamlessly in the end. That said, the first 200 pages took me over a month off and on to get through. I wanted so badly to just take the book and feel motivated to stay up all night to finish it. It didn't happen. Then I was just about to give up on the book when I decided that I was more than halfway through so I really owed it to myself and the book to finish. So I committed and I am glad that I did. (Then it only took me 3 days to finish.)

A couple ideas to take from it: Accept the love of others and allow yourself to belong. Family ties are very strong and deserve to be nourished and strengthened. History is important. Know where you came from and you'll find that it can significantly influence where you are headed. Community ties (the "village") are also useful and strong. The family can't always provide all that is good and needful so the community will oftentimes fill in. Make yourself a part of the community so that you can take advantage of all it offers.

0 comments: